Monday, February 14, 2022

V Day

V Day

It's Valentine's Day and all I have is a carrot.

If it wasn't Valentine's Day, I'd be lonely. Found a quarter on the street next to a dead fly. Kept the quarter but left the fly for someone who needs a friend more than I do.

If today wasn't Valentine's Day, I wouldn't mention it.

It may be Valentine's Day, though I prefer Easter because I can stay home alone and eat the heads off of as many chocolate bunnies as I can handle, maybe even more than that I can handle, and no one cares.

It's Valentine's Day and the cat does not exhibit any concern over how large my brain is, or how generous my heart, as long as there is tuna on the menu. Count me in.

Once upon a time there was no Valentine's Day, and I didn't care about that either. Also, never been kissed by anyone I'd want to name in my will. Mostly content with eating the heads off of chocolate Easter bunnies and drinking alone at home.

But I did have a long talk with the cat last night. It appears that he has, truly, no special attachment to Valentine's Day either. Not quite sure that I understood him though. It is entirely possible that he was trying to con me into another serving of tuna. But I'm frequently wrong about these things. Either way, tuna. And we're buddies, so life is OK today.

It's Valentine's Day and now my carrot has left me. Or I ate it. I do that sometimes. Don't quite remember. Hardly got to know it.

 


See tabs at the top for definitions and books.
Have anything worth adding? Then try sosayseff+snorp@nullabigmail.com
Me? Thinking maybe I'll go with rutabagas.