Wednesday, February 06, 2019

Wallies

Today it's popcorn. I get to wallow in popcorn, and then they execute me. It's on my bucket list, until this afternoon anyway. And after the execution, who knows? Something is sure to turn up eventually.

For my encore, I'm going to swallow a sword, with the suit of armor still attached. Watch closely.

I like plants. I used to keep some as pets. Generally, though, that did not work out for the best. Several of them began tearing up the house and caused serious damage to the furniture. One even chased the cat around every time they were left alone. We had to chain it to a wall in the basement. A couple of them just disappeared. Ran away as far as we could tell, though one of those that got loose did have an unfortunate and career-ending encounter with a municipal waste-disposal truck (totaled the truck too). Usually, though, one or another of these so-called house plants just got to be too high-maintenance and we had to find a new home for it, like on a local farm, where it could run free and keep wolves at bay.

I think I ate a gopher. Accidentally, of course. Ever happen to you? (More than once?)

There's a TV on the wall. I'm sitting directly under it. Hard-headed self confidence, eh?

Dear Diary: Today I found a fly on the wall — an old-fashioned button fly, which made me wonder about...Wait. Gotta go.

Walla Walla Wallowers.

Wall snapper!

Valhalla started out as a local operation called "Wally Holler" and sold gas, bait, and beer. Shows you what can happen if you keep your worms fresh.

The guy next to me is eating the avocado that he brought to the restaurant, and as far as I can tell, there is no particular malice involved, though one never knows. So far, he and his rat are sharing the meal in peace, or at least under the terms of a binding truce. They're using the same napkin too. Always a good sign.

 


Comments? Send email to hoofist@nullabigmail.com

See if that helps.