Saturday, September 12, 2026

Off With Their Power

Off With Their Power

So the power is off today, and here I am with all the launch codes for all the nuclear missiles in all the silos in the country, and no way to make it happen.

So the power is off today, and it's just like the olden days around here. No radio, no TV, no refrigerator, no light, just a lot of quiet and nothing to do after sunset besides swearing and hunting bedbugs.

So the power is off today. and I have 17 metric tons of beef fat buried in the back yard. Tallow candles, anyone? (Bring your own wicks though — I'm fresh out.) 10% off if you bring your own gas masks too.

So the power is off again, and I have a whole bathtub full of electric eels. Kinda tingly, but you can get to like it.

So the power is off again, which is nice if you're one of those "go getters". I do believe that the world will be a better place when they have gone and have gotten, or when something eats them.

So the power is off again. Now if I suddenly got real stupid and decided that I wanted a tattoo, I'd have to sit here and just be stupid on my own, with the power off, and with no shiny new identifying marks.

 


Have anything worth adding? Then try sosayseff@nullabigmail.com
Me? Gettin' all sparkly here.