Thursday, April 05, 2018

Smudge

In a classroom...

I am small for my age, and might pass, if enough of the children also have beards, and don't giggle at my gray nose hairs.

Sitting to the rear I would hardly be noticed, no more than a blurry darkness would, behind the last row, way at the back along the wall.

I am naturally overlooked. Often, it seems, others even try to walk through me. This was amusing at one time, but I would prefer invisibility if possible, or to be smoke.

"I didn't see you." "I thought I saw something, but I didn't know you were real." "Sorry." That's all I get out of it.

I am very much like my cousin Vague Smudge, another quiet one, and like his siblings, but without the glamour of an interesting name. I'm only this guy, a guy often ignored, dismissed out of hand, never seen for what I am.

"Which is what?" I often wonder, and still do not know, so generally pretty usually, I keep to myself and look for small private amusements, and then carry on. What else is there?