Wednesday, December 13, 2023

Life’s Little Trajectories

Life’s Little Trajectories

I believe that if I was a bird, I'd choose to be a poodwhecker, fly backward, and confuse the hell out of everyone. And eat bugs that I found on trees. (Gotta keep your strength up, Bud.)

Cuneiform wasn't my best subject in school. In fact, they didn't even teach it where I lived. I had to design and fabricate my own typewriter in order to finish all my research papers. (I specialized in the history of bird feeder protocol.) Had a hell of a lot of fun though, and was formally asked to leave after completing my degree. (I still have the court order.)

I recently tried super-gluing myself to a flag pole, to see if anyone would salute, but even that didn't work. I just got kind of sticky and ruined my new pants. And a bird pooped on my head. Nothing new there, of course.

Walk free. Walk tall. Walk the plank, warts and all. (And watch the birdie. He bites, the little bastard.)

That's it. The birds have gone. I'm sitting here on the lawn, with the cat, drinking beer. (He's partial to Guinness, I hear.)

 


Have anything worth adding? Then try sosayseff@nullabigmail.com
Me? Still flapping around, pointlessly.

 

Etc...

so says eff: sporadic spurts of grade eff distraction
definitions: outdoor terms
fiyh: dave's little guide to ultralight backpacking stoves
boyb: dave's little guide to backpacks
snorpy bits: nibbling away at your sanity
last seen receding: missives from a certain mobile homer
noseyjoe: purposefully poking my proboscis into technicals