Thursday, March 07, 2024

Hope Stings A Turtle

Hope Stings A Turtle

Nuclear war is something I've considered, but really haven't had the time to pursue yet.

True, nuclear war can be fun, but it's all over in a minute anyway.

If nuclear war is so great, then why doesn't Walmart sell kits online?

I've thought a lot about nuclear war, but somehow poison gas just seems to signify a more personal touch.

Who invented nuclear war anyway? Was it us? Really? Well then it must be OK, though I'm still a bit skeptical around my edges.

Mom agreed to tell me all about how to prepare for and fight a nuclear war, so I didn't have to join Cub Scouts and learn a bunch of sketchy bits and outright useless misinformation there.

Nuclear war isn't always entertaining. For example, if your timing is only a bit off, you don't get any decent laughs at all.

Grampy is a tad bit touchy about nuclear war. "Not like when I was your age," he says. "Back then it was the real deal and cars even had tail fins. Now look at it all. Nobody's even building fallout shelters any more, and you've got no place to get away from the wife for even a few minutes." True.

Nuclear war isn't even the worst that can happen. There's still high school for crying out loud. I mean, think about it.

 


Have anything worth adding? Then try sosayseff@nullabigmail.com
Me? Finally getting comfy with my lizard brain collection.

 

Etc...

so says eff: sporadic spurts of grade eff distraction
definitions: outdoor terms
fiyh: dave's little guide to ultralight backpacking stoves
boyb: dave's little guide to backpacks
snorpy bits: nibbling away at your sanity
last seen receding: missives from a certain mobile homer
noseyjoe: purposefully poking my proboscis into technicals