Saturday, August 05, 2023

Love Is All About Invention

Love Is All About Invention

Little-known fact — my love, Echinoia Eeeps, invented the caterpillar tractor, the first version powered by 478,276 caterpillars, each carefully cinched into its own hand-sewn harness. And I'm not really sure why I'm mentioning any of this. I guess it's because she'll pound me if I don't give her credit for it or something. That sounds about right.

My love, Echinoia Eeeps, wants to start a cancer farm, where all the plants and animals, and all the staff have cancer, so school children can tour the place and get acquainted with the idea of the futility of life, and the reality that no matter who or what you are, it's all going to end badly, which she thinks is hilarious.

My love, Echinoia Eeeps, found out that octopusseses have beaks, and wanted to add one to her collection, but she's allergic to water, which, I guess, could be an explanation of why she uses whiskey to make her tea, so anyway, she gave me a pair of flippers and sent me out after some octo-beaks, and that's also how I got all these puckered sucker marks on my face, which I wear proudly.

My love, Echinoia Eeeps, is encouraging me to, as she puts it, "Hang in there," but my thumbs already really hurt a lot and I've nearly breathed up all the air in this box. And its dark. And I have to pee.

"Life is a wonder", as my love, Echinoia Eeeps likes to say, while wondering if she should keep me (but I really have grown accustomed to my cage by now).

Eeeps Family Groupthink Days are approaching. I have been invited for the first time ever (an honor, I am told), by my love, Echinoia Eeeps, who is this very moment out searching for the proper tape to use on my eyelids, so's I won't blink even once and possibly miss Something Very Important, as they say. I'm also practicing my breath-holding skills in anticipation. (Am up to three minutes and forty-seven seconds on that, and can hardly wait to demonstrate my social compliance, should breathable air become scarce at any time during the week of blindfolded festivities.

 


Have anything worth adding? Then try sosayseff@nullabigmail.com
Me? Recently realized that boredom is fun.

 

Etc...

so says eff: sporadic spurts of grade eff distraction
definitions: outdoor terms
fiyh: dave's little guide to ultralight backpacking stoves
boyb: dave's little guide to backpacks
snorpy bits: nibbling away at your sanity
last seen receding: missives from a certain mobile homer
noseyjoe: purposefully poking my proboscis into technicals