Tuesday, April 20, 2021

House Me Now

House Me Now

Had to move. Sold the land. They'll be here Thursday to haul it away. Kept the house though. Cousin Berta's a professional house dragger, and said she would help. Has her own rope, which is nice. All I have to do is watch, and keep the flies away, handle any medical bills. In case. Looks doable from here.

Recently bought a small house for the cat. His snoring was scaring the parakeets. Now I have to convince him to move. Will probably wait until after lunch, after he finishes his wildebeest. He's usually mellower then. I can only hope.

A chrane plashed into the house. Or something like that. Maybe it was the other way around. Woke me up anyway. Still a bit groggy, out here in the street in my Superman pajamas and bunny slippers, directing traffic around the debris pile. Haven't seen the cat yet. He might be taking advantage of the confusion to bring down one of the neighbor's horses. Too tempting, indeed. So a possible barbecue later on then, which will help. Good kitty.

It's really nice owning your own house. Mine's made of match boxes. A bit on the small side, yes, you might say that, but on the other hand, if I have to I can just pick up and go. Right now the toilet is being sluggish so I'm using the neighbor's rose garden, after dark, and it's not convenient at all, though it is a cozy place to have conversations with the cat. Brings us that much closer together.

No, it's not like I really need a house, but once you become seriously invested in urban turd collecting you find that the space fills up quickly, and it is genuinely nice not having roommates messing with your little nugget buddies, out of curiosity or any other reason.

Did you know that if you have a house, you can invite people over and do wicked things in the dark? Mom taught me that, shortly before she turned pro. I sort of miss her at times, but not often, or that much.

 


Have extra info to add?
If the commenting system is out again, then email sosayseff@nullabigmail.com
Me? Can't say yet. Still bound by a non-disclosure disagreement.