Wednesday, March 30, 2022

I Am The Dim

I Am The Dim

I am the Lonesome Cowboy, having just lost all my friends. They must have fallen out of my pocket, or vanished with my dreams when I awoke. Or my life is the dream and I am not the Lonesome One.

I am the Lonesome Cowboy, and I am wearing a diaper today, because it reminds me of a time when someone cared about me.

I am the Lonesome Cowboy, drifting though endless days, forever seeking a place to rest, or at least to take a leak in peace.

I am the Lonesome Cowboy. You may have forgotten me, you probably did — I am the dim shadow on the wall that you never notice as you walk past, yet I see you, all of you, and remain here, content within the space of my nothingness, ever alone.

I am the Lonesome Cowboy. My heater is on low, set to one and only one. The world is quiet.

I am the Lonesome Cowboy, whistling through my teeth, and when I do the cold night wind comes racing, racing right up to nuzzle me and ask for more of my body heat, which is when I curl up and wait for dawn, always so very far away. So very far.

 


Have anything worth adding? Then try sosayseff+snorp@nullabigmail.com
Me? Recently got my batteries buffed.