Wednesday, January 18, 2023

Nuts Stuck On A Tree

Nuts Stuck On A Tree

My love, Echinoia Eeeps, invented the internet. That was back in 1957 when we were both in Junior High School (when it was called "Junior High School"), and that was about the first time she told me I was a homely little worm and she was going to marry me some day if I ever ripened up. Yes. In those days the internet was two tin cans and a string, but it worked. Worked great. Revolutionized life. I kinda miss those days now. Now that she insists we communicate only by tattoo.

My love, Echinoia Eeeps is a Lusty Lady lady. She buys it by the quart, and saves the empties to throw at passing cars. Before this her hobby was chasing woodpeckers. That was in fact how she found me.

My love, Echinoia Eeeps, said that it was time for a change, so she had me painted blue. Now we're both happy.

My love, Echinoia Eeeps went on vacation last year. Told me to keep her supper warm, or else. The bun warmer alone eats up $50 a month in electricity and won't quit beeping at me. But she'll pound me for sure if I don't carry through on this. Plus, the cat is taking notes.

My love, Echinoia Eeeps, had me spend Xmas in the bushes, pretending that I was a bunny, so she could practice bunny hunting. Eventually she got tired of that (no hits, not even one) so she just released the family wolf pack. Wow, was that ever stimulating! (Writing this from the hospital with my remaining toes.)

My love, Echinoia Eeeps, told me to quit shaving my nuts, that she prefers them "natural", though I've been only shelling them. Who would shave pecans? Maybe she's gotten into something again.

 


Have anything worth adding? Then try sosayseff+snorp@nullabigmail.com
Me? Sharpening my teeth ahead of the big holiday.

 

Etc...

so says eff: sporadic spurts of grade eff distraction
definitions: outdoor terms
fiyh: dave's little guide to ultralight backpacking stoves
boyb: dave's little guide to backpacks
snorpy bits: nibbling away at your sanity
last seen receding: missives from a certain mobile homer
noseyjoe: purposefully poking my proboscis into technicals