Wednesday, January 11, 2023

While Wily

While Wily

I am the Lonesome Cowboy. We may have met once, but I doubt that, as I doubt most of life, a confused and confusing situation at the best of times. And, to be completely honest about it all, I do not believe that I have ever met anyone who would remember me.

I am the Lonesome Cowboy, and never have known a dull moment, though perhaps, still, I am dull myself, and so do not notice. And now, if you will excuse me, then for the next hour I shall hum some hymns.

I am the Lonesome Cowboy, playing on a team of one, never keeping score, yet never losing, never winning, never at a loss for finding a selection of small tasks to occupy my mind and soothe my soul. Free to fart whenever I can.

I am the lonesome Cowboy, walking the empty streets of an abandoned town known as "Dust City", where the single, solitary movement is wind, and the only sound is silence. My vacation getaway.

I am the Lonesome Cowboy, humming a dusty dirge, secure in my skin, free to roam wherever, without much care for here or there.

I am the Lonesome Cowboy. I leave no footprints for I am a wily guy. Wily and lean and lanky, not mean, but often cranky too. I creak and groan and hoot and moan and while the nights away and don't get asked to parties, usually. Not usually.

 


Have anything worth adding? Then try sosayseff+snorp@nullabigmail.com
Me? Tootling quietly.

 

Etc...

so says eff: sporadic spurts of grade eff distraction
definitions: outdoor terms
fiyh: dave's little guide to ultralight backpacking stoves
boyb: dave's little guide to backpacks
snorpy bits: nibbling away at your sanity
last seen receding: missives from a certain mobile homer
noseyjoe: purposefully poking my proboscis into technicals