Wednesday, September 20, 2023

Peckin It

Peckin It

I encountered a chicken crossing the road — said his name was Fred, and I should mind my own business.

I encountered a chicken crossing the road in a tank. A small tank, but heavily armed. When I asked, he just winked and stepped on the gas.

I encountered a chicken crossing the road, but upon closer inspection, it turned out to be hopscotch, a skill I never mastered, partly due to the cost of scotch, but the chicken seemed happy enough with the situation.

I encountered a chicken crossing the road. Since this was my day off, I pretended not to see anything.

I encountered a chicken crossing the road. In fact, a bunch of them, all marching to rhythmic tunes on fife and drum. I decided to stand back and not ask any questions this time.

I encountered a chicken crossing the road, so, today at least I wasn't the only one around here with my pecker out.

 


Have anything worth adding? Then try sosayseff@nullabigmail.com
Me? Recently nominated for something by someone, somewhere.

 

Etc...

so says eff: sporadic spurts of grade eff distraction
definitions: outdoor terms
fiyh: dave's little guide to ultralight backpacking stoves
boyb: dave's little guide to backpacks
snorpy bits: nibbling away at your sanity
last seen receding: missives from a certain mobile homer
noseyjoe: purposefully poking my proboscis into technicals