Wednesday, February 07, 2024

Whiskas N Cream

Whiskas N Cream

I don't want to brag, but I'm not very good at anything. Eating cake though...Yeah, I'm OK there. I can eat lots of cake, most days, and keep it down without even breaking a sweat. Most days.

Is it wrong to eat out of the cat's bowl? I'm thinking there's less to wash up, dish-wise. So far it's working mostly. A few hissy fits, sure, every now and then, when I'm running late and Herbert has to wait, but mostly OK. Pizza is hard. I usually get my face stuck going after that last bit of sausage, so sometimes Mr Fancypants H gets the last bit, but I make it up with beer. I get all the beer (Point of privilege, opposable thumbs for holding bottles and all.)

Let's say, without equivocation, that I'm enjoying eating out of the cat's bowl. Lower to the floor, so no chance of falling out of my chair, good company, lots of purring, very few and infrequent hissy fits, better tasting food than I can make on my own, and easier cleanup (or none, depending on who eats first). And since Herbert doesn't like beer that much, I get to lap away over at my private "special" bowl as fast or as slow as it suits me. If I'm in the mood, I toss Bertie a little pinch of 'nip so he doesn't feel left out, and then we have a nap. Pretty mellow deal we have here.

Currently re-entering earth's atmosphere, from below. Been living the mole life for a year or so. Tired of eating worms, and need some real beer. Molebrau is adequate but generally has a higher dirt content than I prefer.

If you want to eat something, make sure that it has stopped moving first — a good rule to follow. Think "moving and storage" services, you playing the "storage" part. Just practice until it feels natural.

Yesterday I ate something that didn't agree with me. In my experience, that's often the quickest way to reach a consensus.

 


Have anything worth adding? Then try sosayseff@nullabigmail.com
Me? You thought I was making this up?

 

Etc...

so says eff: sporadic spurts of grade eff distraction
definitions: outdoor terms
fiyh: dave's little guide to ultralight backpacking stoves
boyb: dave's little guide to backpacks
snorpy bits: nibbling away at your sanity
last seen receding: missives from a certain mobile homer
noseyjoe: purposefully poking my proboscis into technicals