Monday, May 15, 2023

Forty Years Without Catnip

Forty Years Without Catnip

Forty years ago nuclear fusion was going to be a thing in under 20 years. Still waiting to get my buns warmed by atoms.

Global warming strikes home. My refrigerator has been ice-free all summer. I'm patiently waiting to see if winter popsicles re-evolve.

So far I'm the only customer. Been waiting for around three hours now. I wonder if they're open today. I just want a glass of water without bugs.

Ted's Tubular Turnips. On sale now. Please buy some. Please, please, please, please. Buy some. Ted will thank you himself. (He's the one over there, waiting for you, with the ax.)

The drums are a-thumpin and the pots are a-bubblin, so I must have come to the right place for lunch. And most of the flies are dead, on the floor, awaiting proper burial, or incorporation into the soup, whichever happens first.

And then the cat got my tongue. Now he just sits across the table and stares at me, like nothing ever happened — his big secret and he only smirks. Wait until he finds out that I've got his stash of 'nip locked in the safe. #AlmostLikeBeingMarriedAgain

 


Have anything worth adding? Then try sosayseff@nullabigmail.com
Me? Actually never tried the stuff.

 

Etc...

so says eff: sporadic spurts of grade eff distraction
definitions: outdoor terms
fiyh: dave's little guide to ultralight backpacking stoves
boyb: dave's little guide to backpacks
snorpy bits: nibbling away at your sanity
last seen receding: missives from a certain mobile homer
noseyjoe: purposefully poking my proboscis into technicals