Saturday, May 06, 2023

Please Assume The Spherical Banana Position

Assume The Spherical Banana Position

Do bananas make you sleepy too?

German has only one word to describe the time when you're driving along and get really tired but not sleepy, and begin to daydream about having a large weasel sandwich with mustard, but I can't remember it at the moment.

Well, all my things are packed. I need to move out of my apartment overnight so the time/space continuum does not get upset. Last time that happened, all my socks turned pink and grass began growing out of my nose. Very inconvenient, especially when the cat decided to try pooping on my head. We spent a whole lot of time talking our way through that one, indeed. So, in order to keep things running smoothly, on an even keel. I'm vacating for the night, and when I return to this dimension tomorrow I'm hoping that all will be well again, though I will be wearing a cap for a day or two while sleeping near the ceiling, in case, etc.

I almost missed lunch today. My keeper was sleeping it off again. Now I wish they'd just hose down my cage.

Speed sleeping — what's the current record?

Sunday is best for sleeping in, but that's also the day that the cat is most likely to set my bed on fire. Maybe that's why he built this fireproof house. Anyway, I'm just a renter, and it's pretty cheap here, and quiet, plus he's a good drinking buddy and is full of stories from his days at sea, so a little occasional scorching isn't all that bad, I guess.

 


Have anything worth adding? Then try sosayseff@nullabigmail.com
Me? Brushing up on fruit geometry.

 

Etc...

so says eff: sporadic spurts of grade eff distraction
definitions: outdoor terms
fiyh: dave's little guide to ultralight backpacking stoves
boyb: dave's little guide to backpacks
snorpy bits: nibbling away at your sanity
last seen receding: missives from a certain mobile homer
noseyjoe: purposefully poking my proboscis into technicals