Wednesday, October 25, 2023

Love And Pestilence

Love And Pestilence

My love, Echinoia Eeeps, has been pestering me all week, trying to find out how I got out of my cage, but I think a guy should be entitled to a few secrets here and there. I hope.

My love, Echinoia Eeeps, is truly one of a kind, all her litter mates having died off during infancy. (There are certain rumors about this, but I choose to disbelieve very nearly all of them.)

My love, Echinoia Eeeps, said that what she most likes about me is that I'm not green — both because she has thoroughly trained me and because she recently finished painting me blue.

My love, Echinoia Eeeps herself turned green last week. I think her all-pea, no-pee diet may have been influential here, though I have been told not to notice if I know what's good for me — in other words, shut up unless I want a good pounding. So, yeah.

My love, Echinoia Eeeps, flew to Australia to view a recent eclipse. She wanted to shoot it. True, they did confiscate her six-gun on arrival, but she planned for that, and had a spare, stuffed deep into her tuba. She enjoys playing marching music and martial lullabies in her hotel room while waiting for the darkness to come creeping in, and of course I get to tag along in case her toenails need buffing, or a fly disappears up her tuba (which has happened, unfortunately), but mostly I simply sit quietly in a corner and pray that nothing exciting happens this time.

My love, Echinoia Eeeps, just found an ant costume in my size. She wants me to wear it for a while, to see if any random wasps will come and try to lay eggs in my brain. Says it would be cute, and probably wouldn't hurt all that much if I didn't struggle or try to think.

 


Have anything worth adding? Then try sosayseff@nullabigmail.com
Me? I better not say right now.

 

Etc...

so says eff: sporadic spurts of grade eff distraction
definitions: outdoor terms
fiyh: dave's little guide to ultralight backpacking stoves
boyb: dave's little guide to backpacks
snorpy bits: nibbling away at your sanity
last seen receding: missives from a certain mobile homer
noseyjoe: purposefully poking my proboscis into technicals