Wednesday, November 15, 2023

Always Count The Teeth

Always Count The Teeth

With a mouth like you've got going, it seems like a career in solid waste disposal would be an obvious choice.

I couldn't have said it better myself, even if I had a mouth.

I haven't seen a rat crawling out of anyone's mouth lately. I wonder what changed.

I woke up to a strange, strangled sort of moaning. It didn't go away until I closed my mouth. Odd.

Just like that I was sucked straight out of my rubber boots and eaten by an octopus, forced to listen to the obscene sound of all eight of its mouths merrily munching me. I'll never forget it as long as I can remember it.

So if I read the menu right-side-up, then today they're serving jumping beef. I guess I'll have to hop to it if I want to get fed. Possibly could end up with some hair in my teeth if my technique is not fully up to par, but that one will be on me. Can't blame the cook this time. So I'm going in with my eyes shut and my mouth open.

 


Have anything worth adding? Then try sosayseff@nullabigmail.com
Me? I don't remember any more.

 

Etc...

so says eff: sporadic spurts of grade eff distraction
definitions: outdoor terms
fiyh: dave's little guide to ultralight backpacking stoves
boyb: dave's little guide to backpacks
snorpy bits: nibbling away at your sanity
last seen receding: missives from a certain mobile homer
noseyjoe: purposefully poking my proboscis into technicals