Wednesday, November 01, 2023

Hands Full Of Emptiness

Hands Full Of Emptiness

I gave up smoking when the fire truck came and put me out. Six years ago today, but I still miss it. The fire truck. The red one. Am therefore considering trying my hand at a bit of smoldering this weekend.

RaTalk is a new app just like Uber but you don't go anywhere and it still costs but you get to talk to a live rat and maybe pet it when it shows up, if you remember to bring hand sanitizer.

Seeking left-handed French torque wrench wrangler. Must have at least one working hand of your own. Hiring preference given to those who know how to bathe themselves. (No licking.)

Trondheim is a place? I always thought of it as a disease. That's what my mother told me. She got me to wash my hands a lot that way.

Speaking of, when will handwashing be an Olympic event anyway? And why don't they serve beer? Two more of life's mysteries.

Uncle Benny once showed up at work without his hands. No one knows why, and he never talks, but he did remember to bring his ceremonial artichoke. That's something. Write if you know what. We'll wait.

 


Have anything worth adding? Then try sosayseff@nullabigmail.com
Me? I've got two!

 

Etc...

so says eff: sporadic spurts of grade eff distraction
definitions: outdoor terms
fiyh: dave's little guide to ultralight backpacking stoves
boyb: dave's little guide to backpacks
snorpy bits: nibbling away at your sanity
last seen receding: missives from a certain mobile homer
noseyjoe: purposefully poking my proboscis into technicals